VCO is expensive when you have to buy it ready to drink. Here’s what I got from http://www.amazingfoodscorp.com/Articles/How-to-Make-Virgin-Coconut-Oil.html
1. Select only fresh and mature quality coconuts.
2. Split coconuts and collect coconut water.
3. Grate coconuts and collect coconut meat.
4. Bag the coconut meat. Use white nylon mesh bag.
5. Place bag in a Cold Press* machine. At home, you can hand press using gloves. Collect coconut milk.
6. Soak the pressed bag in coconut water and press for a second time. Collect more coconut milk.
7. Allow the coconut milk to settle undisturbed in a cabinet at 32degC for 10-17 hours.
Coconut oil will naturally separate from water and proteins.
8. Carefully collect and filter the oil and avoid mixing with the bottom water layer. The oil is colorless.
Few Tips from Cris: To filter your oil, use filter paper from the drug store. Place it on top of a funnel so that the oil will drain to your chosen container. Filter at least 2 times. Cover well and keep away from light.